This major update to the Crawler has been approved at Apple, Google Play, and Amazon, and should appear in their app stores shortly. (Sometimes it can take a while to filter through all the nooks and crannies of the various sites).
For you side-loaders of the DCC world, the Android APK’s (and the PC and MacOS Desktop installers) can be found on the Crawler page at https://purplesorcerer.com/crawler.php. I provide a number of different versions there to hopefully provide compatibility for as many Android devices as possible.
This update has been in the works forever. I’ve been in a testing cycle for much too long, since I get so freaking queasy about the potential problems of rolling out a new version. But, as they say, you’ve got to let the stirge fly free at some point. A fairly significant portion of my free hours have been poured into it over the last year, so I hope the DCC community finds the new features useful. 🙂
What’s New in Crawler Version 1.8
• Dual-screen landscape mode for tablets! (Depending on how you’re holding the device at launch, it will either choose portrait or landscape mode).
• Information sharing between Crawler apps in the same campaign
• Updated campaign battle data system
• Dice multipliers and modifiers on the dice-rolling screen
• Campaign notes page
• Add names to your spell casters
• More die colors
Be sure to visit https://purplesorcerer.com/help to view the Crawler 1.8 QuickStart Video to see the major new features in action.